Art Director, Data Visualization - Barron's
Barron's is seeking an innovative and data-driven thinker as Director of Data Visualization. Financial and business journalism has no shortage of data sets and stories to tell; and we're looking for an individual who can tell those stories visually in print, online and social. This person will be an organized self-starter with a passion for storytelling.
We're looking for somebody who can ...
• Distill qualitative and quantitative insights to visually tell stories that written narrative cannot effectively communicate in print, online and on social.
• Produce graphics and visualizations to support stories across all platforms.
• Work with the Design Director to develop style and aesthetic approach to graphic storytelling.
• Serves as collaborative partner and editor on graphics and visualizations produced by the Art Department.
• Commission original artwork from illustrators where needed.
• Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
• Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required (Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Audition)
• Experience with Data-Driven Documents, Python, Refine, Excel, CartoDB, CartoCSS is required
• Experience with Wordpress is required
• Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BARRON'S
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top