Art Director, Barron's
- New York, NY
Barron's is seeking a passionate and forward-thinking Art Director to help define and produce the next iteration of the brand across all platforms. The ideal candidate will have the ability to distill simple solutions for complex financial and business stories through print, online and social within a collaborative Art Department and Editorial team.
We're looking for somebody who can ...
- Design key features weekly for both print and online
- Commission original artwork from illustrators and occasionally photographers
- Negotiate fees, manage contracts and paperwork for assignments made
- Produce graphics and visualizations for both print and online
- Contribute to weekly critiques and offer constructive feedback in a collaborative environment
- Color correct and prepare artwork for publication
- Ability to illustrate abstract concepts is a plus
- Adobe CC experience and knowledge is required
- Experience with Wordpress is a plus
- Experience with Sketch is a plus
- Experience with Methode and K4 are a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - BARRON'S
Job Category: Art/Graphics Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 20480
Back to top