Application Technical Engineer
As a member of the Professional Information Business product team, this role is to support the sales team in its efforts to sell Dow Jones products including Risk & Compliance, Newswires and Factiva. The APPLICATION TECHNICAL ENGINEER will be working directly with the sales specialists, account managers and customers to provide support to both technical and business users who have integrated the Dow Jones professional information business product(s) into their workflow. The prime focus of the role is on building and maintaining excellent communication relationships with the Dow Jones sales team, Customers and on following through the technical aspects of product deployments and solution sales throughout the sales lifecycle.
- PROJECTS: Manage the implementation of projects and customers closed by the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, and customer satisfaction.
- PRODUCT: Propose and develop integration solutions according to market-specific requirements. Investigate and respond to issue reports.
- PRE-SALES: Work with account managers (AM) to engage pre-sales process by gathering customer- and market-specific requirements. Propose business-focused solutions and develop data and prototypes to drive sales discussion.
- POST-SALES: Monitor post-sales operations, engaging in technical communications with internal and external counterparts.
- Understanding of Internet and intranet applications, emerging web technologies, and industry trends. Knowledge of data feeds and APIs particularly useful and highly desirable.
- Relationship building and maintenance, to ensure AM is viewed as a reliable, responsive and knowledgeable partner. The AM relationship should be considered a key part of the value that customers get from their investment with Dow Jones.
- Strong technical communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure processes and requirements are clearly articulated both internally and externally.
- Hands on experience in SQL, XML/XSLT, Regular Expressions, and Unicode technologies.
- Experience in configuring complex solutions involving some form of scripting or domain-specific language preferred. Software development experience highly advantageous.
- A proven successful track record of at least 5 years in a technical role, supporting strategic solutions to major companies.
- Sensible management of Dow Jones travel and expenses costs is expected.
- Native Japanese and business English - TOEIC 730 to 860 or equivalent
- Flexibility and capacity to innovate are a must.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time and deliver on schedule.
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit a cover letter (in English), your detailed CV (in English) and state your current and expected salary to us.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Job Locations JPN-TOKYO
Requisition ID 2017-30183
Job Function Marketing
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 Sales
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top