Application Support/Technical Engineer
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. Dow Jones publishes in 9 languages and distributes content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making.
We are seeking a high calibre candidate to fill this position, based in Tokyo, Japan .
APPLICATION SUPPORT/TECHNICAL ENGINEER
As a member of the Professional Information Business team, this role is to support the sales team in its efforts to sell Dow Jones products including Risk & Compliance, Newswires and Factiva. The technical engineer will be working directly with the specialist, account managers and customers. This includes providing support to both technical and business users who have integrated the Dow Jones professional information business product(s) into their workflow. The prime focus of the role is on building and maintaining excellent communication relationships with the Dow Jones sales team, Customers and on following through the technical aspects of product deployments and solution sales throughout the sales lifecycle.
- PROJECTS : Manage the implementation of projects and customers closed by the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, and customer satisfaction.
- PRODUCT: Develop, test and deploy applications according to customer-specific requirements. Investigate and implement QC to respond to issue reports.
- PRE-SALES: Work with account managers (AM) to engage pre-sales process by gathering Customer specific requirements. Propose statistics-backed solutions and develop statistics, sample data, prototypes to drive sales discussion.
- POST-SALES: Support post-sales process by planning infrastructure, monitoring process, and engaging in technical communications with internal and external counter-parts.
- Understanding of Internet and intranet applications, emerging web technologies, and industry trends. Knowledge of data feeds and APIs particularly useful and highly desirable.
- Relationship building and maintenance , to ensure AM is viewed as a reliable, responsive and knowledgeable partner. The AM relationship should be considered a key part of the value that customers get from their investment with Dow Jones.
- Strong communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure processes and requirements are clearly articulated to clients and avoid misunderstandings.
- Good planning skills and attention to detail, to successfully plan and complete annual renewals and to develop and implement longer-term retention strategies.
- Experience in managing internal resources to better maintain and increase revenues with the client.
- Experience in infrastructure planning and management, including AWS-based deployment advantageous.
- A proven successful track record of at least 5 years in a technical role, supporting strategic solutions to major companies
- Sensible management of Dow Jones travel and expenses costs is expected.
- Native Japanese and business English – TOEIC 730 to 860 or equivalent
- Flexibility and capacity to innovate are a must.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time and deliver on schedule.
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit a cover letter, your detailed CV and state your current and expected salary to: https://internationalcareers-dowjones-newscorp.icims.com/jobs/28563/job
Please note that this is a renewable 2-year contract position.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28563
Job Locations JPN – TOKYO
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Professional Information Business
Job Area2 ..
Back to top