Application Devt Consultant
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Editorial teams to insure that the capabilities of the content enrichment pipeline meet and exceed the requirements for the creation of world class content
- Working closely with technical peers to insure successful integration of developed applications with the corporate architecture.
- Developing functional and design documentation in the implementation and testing of applications.
- Staying on top of, and being familiar with, emerging technologies in order to improve our competitiveness in the marketplace and provide better products to our clients.
- Hands-on experience and highly skilled in Java (Windows and Linux)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of XML and schemas (XSD)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Database Design, SQL, and Stored Procedures
- Hands-on experience with shell scripting in Linux environment
- Knowledge of designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, C#, C++, and Java script a plus
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required.
- MS or advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of the Digital Publishing business desirable
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29014
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top