Application Devt Consultant
Become a member of the market leading Dow Jones team, where you will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to build highly interactive, dynamic and data driven applications for Dow Jones. Developers will be responsible for new product development, customizations, and enhancements and will work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals.
MarketWatch.com is hiring developers for its primary site development team. Join us to help shape the future technical solutions for this large and dynamic website. Handling over 100 million page views and 20 million unique visitors monthly, MarketWatch.com is one of the leading financial media sites on the web. Ideal candidates will have a background in Agile development practices and feel comfortable both working independently and working alongside a team
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies to web application development,
- Experience with cloud computing via AWS or another cloud provider,
- Object-oriented programming ability (such as C#, C++, or Java),
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM),
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture,
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment,
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team or work independently, Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- .Net Core and ASP.Net Core,
- ASP.Net Web API,
- Docker, Elastic Beanstalk or other cloud or container based application deployment,
- Angular, React or other single page framework,
- Queues (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ), WebSocket (SignalR), Event Sourcing, CQRS, Ring Buffers,
- SQL & NoSQL – MSSQL, S3, Redis, Memcached, BigQuery, ElastiCache
- Domain Driven Design
- LDAP, AD, OAuth, OpenID implementation
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28792
Job Locations USA – MN-MINNEAPOLIS
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top