- Develops Integration Products to meet the product requirements and to comply with the industry standards
- Participates in business analysis, systems analysis, and systems design
- Makes use of application development standards for designing, building and maintaining applications, applications components, and common services including the use of standard languages and tools
- Builds and executes rigorous and thorough testing plans for software development including system and module level performance testing
- Applies software engineering methods/practices
- 5+ years development software solutions to solve complex & business-critical challenges
- 5+ years of developing software with object-oriented language (preferably C#) on Windows, ideally in SOA applications.
- Knowledge of SQL Server .
- Knowledge of NoSql is a plus
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Extensive knowledge about web services (REST)
- Experience with cloud services preferred
- Strong Object Oriented Design/Development skills.
- In depth knowledge in implementing business system solutions with regard to application architectures, development tools and application engineering methods/practices.
- Knowledge of Node.js a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28612
Job Locations BGR – SOFIA
Job Function IT Development
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top