Application Architect – Newsroom Engineering
- Full stack engineer and technical lead with experience in the newsroom environment.
- Builds tools, capabilities and templates for the newsroom, working closely with editors and product leads.
- Researches and develops coding standards, frameworks, deployment and production workflows.
- Also provides production support for newsroom tools and systems.
- 10+ years architecting tech solutions to solve complex and business-critical challenges.
- Extensive experience developing RESTful APIs using Node.js, Python and PHP.
- In depth knowledge of database technologies including MySQL, NoSQL and Postgres.
- Hands-on experience with cloud services preferably AWS services, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and Lambda.
- Strong object oriented design/development skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a project team.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29044
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top