Analyst, Product Analytics
The Wall Street Journal seeks a data analyst to join our growing newsroom product team. The successful candidate will become a key member of the team, developing a deep understanding of our audience to help drive product development in a meaningful way.
- Develop a deep understanding of The Wall Street Journal audience across platforms
- Analyze the performance of WSJ products, working with key newsroom and business stakeholders to drive action on those insights
- Pull together the voice of customer and develop a perspective entrenched in data on reader response to new and existing features and products
- Organize and facilitate user testing sessions with Wall Street Journal subscribers and prospects to better understand user preferences for product development
- Manage A/B tests and process results to come up with actionable conclusions
- Help define and report back on key performance indicators in order to drive product development
- Work closely with the audience development and analytics teams within other areas of the organization to support multidepartmental growth initiatives
- Facility with Omniture, Urban Airship, Chartbeat, Parse.ly and other analytics tools in creating reports and analyzing audience data, including from off-platform partners
- At least 2 years of experience working in digital publishing or newsroom preferred
- Experience providing analytics to inform product development
- Expertise in analyzing raw data to come up with strong data-driven conclusions and recommendations for both smaller improvements and larger strategic decisions
- Proven talent in surfacing key performance indicators and reporting back against them on a regular basis
- Deep experience with survey creation and managing onsite and in-person qualitative feedback sessions
- Ability to pull both quantitative and qualitative data together in comprehensive presentations that tell a story and draw conclusions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives in a highly collaborative environment
Applications should include a resume and cover letter.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28295
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top