Analyst, GFO, Accounts Receivable
Analyst, GFO, Accounts Receiving
Qualified candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely application of customer payments and resolution of unapplied cash items according to established policies and procedures. Research and bring to full resolution, all print and digital subscribers' credit card chargebacks (disputes) for various payment and circulation systems and products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Processing of cash receipts and postings to customer accounts for payments made by credit card, lockbox and direct deposits.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and journals required.
- Ability to read bank statements and knowledge in bank reconciliation preferred.
- Experience in dealing with adjustments to customer accounts for credits/debits and account write-offs.
- Work with other departments as well as operations to troubleshoot and resolve customer payment discrepancies.
- Balancing reports, documents and on-line data systems to research problems.
- Oversee deposit reconciliations to the general ledger, lockbox and records and other month-end procedures.
- Be a liaison between order-to-cash and procure to pay processes.
- Support AR for compliance and audit purposes.
- Timely manage items in the American Express and Paymentech credit card chargeback work queues or reports.
- Perform research to determine underlying reason(s) for chargebacks and assess steps required to resolve dispute.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of chargeback items processed.
- Contact subscribers/customer service and/or credit card processor as deemed appropriate to resolve these credit card disputes.
- Provide support as requested to assist with completing the monthly chargeback reconciliation analysis.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of billing and collection.
- Work well with others and be a positive team player towards shared goals, developing, gaining and demonstrating respect for others within the team.
Skills and Experience:
- PeopleSoft Financials, Billing and AR experience.
- Background in Accounts Payable and billing system preferred.
- Experience in operating in a global organization, with process participants that may be located around the world.
- Ability to manipulate and interpret data as well as communicating analytical results/recommendations.
- Ability to research independently customer disputes.
- Ability to learn quickly and use a variety of systems.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, excel a must.
- Media Company/OTC experience a plus.
- High Customer Service Mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but relevant experience that will commensurate with the qualification can be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Cash Application/Billing/Accounts Receivable function, working with cash applications, invoicing, and accounts receivable is required.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29598
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top