AML Compliance Team Leader
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world. This position is part of DJ's Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages. Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
The AML Compliance Team Leader leads a team of Research Editors whose primary responsibility is performing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) risk-based review and analysis on individual and business accounts who match with Dow Jones Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and Adverse Media lists and adjudicate alerts accordingly for further review.
- Liaising with the Risk and Compliance Sales Specialists and Senior Manager Data Solutions ensuring a constant flow of communication, knowing when to escalate issues to the relevant stakeholder(s)
- Coordinate and monitor the workload of each Research Editor, ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs Quality Control reviews of alerts and reports for completeness, accuracy to ensure these are decisioned in accordance with internal procedures and regulatory expectations. Present accurate and professional reporting to management and clients as required.
- Lead, in a collaborative environment, a highly dedicated research team to achieve Dow Jones's output/quality/timeliness targets.
- Ensure timely completion of projects and goals in accordance with engagement and client requirements
- Focuses on continuous improvement of the team, identifies the need for training, coaching process improvement and provides recommendations to management
- Organize and review production and quality data via Google or Microsoft Office products in order to monitor project progress; manage problems; publish progress reports.
- Ensure that clients receive clear, responsive communication to queries relating to the Dow Jones research process and its content.
- Create and maintain clear internal and external-facing documentation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 4 to 6 years experience in banking compliance or analytics.
- Familiar with AML typologies, any experience with name (or transaction) screening in banking environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with Factiva, Dow Jones Risk and Compliance (or similar products) are considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English is essential. Professional-level fluency in any of the following languages will be a significant advantage: Chinese, Arabic, Malay, Burmese, Japanese, Vietnamese or Hindi.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency by responding immediately to escalated issues and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy under pressure situations
- Motivated, team-oriented, and able to work independently
- Must be a proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and ownership, and thrives, working under limited direction
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as motivate, coach and mentor
- This is a 1-year contract position with the possibility of permanent conversion thereafter
How do you apply?
If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation, please submit in a COVER LETTER and detailed resume stating your qualifications, contact details, current and expected salary to us.
Only short listed candidates will be notified
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30419
Job Locations SGP-SINGAPORE
Job Function Data/Content
Business Area DATA STRATEGY
Job Area1 Research & Data Science
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top