Advertising Account Sales Executive
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch.Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
We are seeking a motivated advertising sales representative to develop new business for Dow Jones network of products, with a focus on The Wall Street Journal in Japan. The position involves selling advertising space, working closely with clients to achieve and exceed customers' expectations, maintaining and developing a client base and seeking new business opportunities.
- Manage digital/print sales accounts for The Wall Street Journal.
- Set up and make face-to-face calls with advertising agencies and clients in order to present and close deals.
- Develop digital/print ad sales media plans, based on RFP's, research, and recommendations.
- Interface with agencies/clients for creative assets, campaign optimization and reporting.
- Communicate and follow up with client and internal departments regarding live campaigns to address any concerns.
- Ideal candidate is someone who possesses the ability to take initiative and drive projects with minimal supervision.
- High achievers with at least5 years of proven sales record in Digital sales.
- Advertisement sales experience at a media company or advertising agency is required.
- Native level Japanese and fluency in English communication skill (both verbal & written) is required.
- Excellent understanding of digital media and web knowledge.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi task.
- You would have strong face-to-face, phone-based communication and presentation skills.
- Educated to degree level
- This is a 1-year contract position with the opportunity of permanent conversion thereafter.
Dow Jones recruits high achievers, self-motivated and innovative thinkers and weoffer an opportunity to work for one of the world's leading financial and business news companies. Those of you who think that this could be your most exciting sales call of the day and know that you can make an immediate contribution to the success of Dow Jones in Asia, we want to hear from you!
We invite interested candidates to submit a cover letter(in English)and detailed resume(English) stating your qualifications, contact details, current and expected salaryto
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30201
Job Locations JPN-TOKYO
Job Function Sales
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Advertising
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top