Administrative Assistant, Technology
This position is a unique opportunity for a talented and motivated candidate to work closely with Dow Jones' senior leaders. Our ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated. You should have strong communication skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to handle confidential information. You should be a creative problem solver, extremely well-organized, take ownership of the tasks at hand, calm under pressure, and capable of multi-tasking. You will also be someone who enjoys being a team player, and can handle many different types of people with tact and courtesy.
Responsibilities: phones, scheduling, correspondence, extensive travel planning, expenses, organizing work flow throughout the office, and ad hoc projects .Ensure that proper preparation and materials and files are available for each day's meetings and events. Schedule meetings at Dow Jones Princeton, New York and worldwide offices, and all offsite meetings that the executive attends such as meetings with customers, information providers, vendors and consultants. Plan and coordinate global travel, arrange flights, hotel and car service reservations. Understand the team's goals and objectives in order to effectively anticipate deliverables and follow up when necessary.
- You have a college degree. (preferred)
- You are a strategic thinker.
- Must be comfortable and confident to advise Executive leadership team.
- You have a positive, problem solving attitude.
- You are a team-player with an outsized sense of fun.
- You have successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google Mail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive.
- Must be able to travel to our NY office on a weekly basis, and as required.
Here's the good stuff about us…
- This is a highly entrepreneurial environment in a global organization.
- You'll make an impact. Dow Jones is not afraid to give you real opportunities to be epic and make a difference immediately.
- We've got a big presence, but a small team.
- We have fun!
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30290
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Office Administration
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 Technology
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top