Dow Jones is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team and contribute to the overall success of the group by providing ongoing administrative support to DJMG, with a focus on operational excellence.
Primary responsibilities are to support the operational day-to-day duties for DJMG. All tasks, responsibilities and assignments must be completed with the highest level of quality and confidentiality. The ideal candidate should have an exceptional level of customer service and problem solving skills, the ability to work well in teams, manage change and possess excellent communication skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Input and organize all job requisitions in workday for full-time and contingent workers
- Works closely with recruitment team to help coordinate all recruitment activity with DJMG managers
- Onboard new employees; enters their information, request equipment and assigns seating
- Off boarding, (off contractors, inform HR when full-time employees are leaving and collect equipment (tour of the office, key people)
- Internship coordination
- Deliver (better word) DJMG orientation each week
- Create welcome package for new hires and distribute in DJMG orientation
- 2 years of experience required
- Proficiency in MS-Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skill and time management skills
- Ability to maintain high integrity and confidentiality
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment with high accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply them at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to step outside of the scope and accountability of principal responsibilities
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30405
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top