Accounts Payable / P2P Manager
P2P Operations Manager
With system changes and shared services opportunities on the horizon, we are looking to hire for a management position within Global Payment Services. This position will oversee two critical areas within our organization, Accounts Payable and Purchasing Support. This individual will be tasked with ensuring timely processing of payments, globally, to our vendors, monitoring purchase orders, maintaining SOX controls and tax compliance. In addition, this position will play a part in the project and future transition of our global ERP system from PeopleSoft to SAP S4/Hana.
Roles and Responsibilities/skills:
- Monitoring and reconciliation of payments and associated accounts
- Review and reconciliation of daily pay cycles globally, addressing any issues which may arise in a timely manner
- Ongoing review of open payables and reducing aged balances
- Manage and motivate team to promote a focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Continuously review process and procedure with an eye towards efficiencies within current ERP and future state
- Focus on tax compliance (sales and use tax) along with foreign withholding (1042 reporting) and year end 1099 preparation
- Partner with Global Treasury team to align banking relationships to the appropriate entities
- Assist in the growth of our Shared Service environment
- Simplify, enhance and improve processes, and practices around buying
- Assist in bringing evolution to the end to end purchasing process, from sourcing to receipt
- Oversee American Express Purchasing Card Program and maintain processing of related expenses via Concur
- Monthly cash flow forecasting
- Prior management experience in accounts payable and/or purchasing areas
- Extensive knowledge of leading edge systems and processes in the industry
- In depth working knowledge and experience in global payment processing and related processes
- Experience in working in Shared Services environment a plus
- Experience in system conversions/change management
- Proven managerial track record
- Experience in managing onshore, and third party staff
- Motivator who can engage and energize team members
- Self starter who questions the standard and thinks "outside the box"
- Ability to listen and comprehend feedback
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to maintain focus of self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Current or prior experience with SAP required
- Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
- Concur experience a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree preferred, or extensive equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of accounts payable/purchasing experience most in managerial roles
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11747
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top