Accounts Payable Coordinator
You will be working as part of a global team ensuring supplier invoices get paid in a timely manner and that costs are pre-approved through use of the Purchase Order system. Good communication skills are essential as you will need to engage with colleagues and vendors to ensure that invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner. The role will provide excellent exposure to the full scope of the Procure to Pay (P2P) process
- Review and approve invoices for payment ensuring correct coding and proper VAT treatment
- Create Purchase Order requisitions
- Assist with the process of onboarding new suppliers
- Review and approval of employee expenses
- Provide audit support to other finance departments
- Assist with month end cost accruals
- Assist Treasury team with reconciliation of bank accounts
- Verify changes to supplier bank details
- Educate and provide hands on training to business colleagues on the P2P process
- Assist both employees and suppliers with their queries
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience working in a busy accounts payable department with an international focus
- Good knowledge of AP and PO systems (PeopleSoft and SAP an advantage but not essential)
- Strong communication skills and an excellent team player
- Attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines
- Good general computer skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other European languages an asset but not essential
- Proactive attitude with the ability to work with some degree of autonomy to get things done
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top