Accounts Payable Analyst
The AP Processor provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Monitor discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing checks; ensuring credit s received for outstanding memo
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Review aged creditor reports and clear outstanding credits and unpaid invoices
- Daily reconciliation of invoice interfaces
- Handle workflow exceptions and clear them from the system according to established procedures
- Review of all applicable invoices to determine correct application of non-resident withholding tax
- Take ownership of Accounts Payable mailbox ensuring queries are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Regular review and analysis of vendor spend reports to identify costs that can be pushed over to Purchase Orders
- Knowledge of 1099/1042 compliance and reporting
- Assist in month end close processes
- Analyze current processes and recommend improvements
- Assist with gathering document support for sox and financial audits
- Vendor creation. Review and validate records for all new vendors and register them on the AP system
- Vendor maintenance - validate any requested changes to vendor records in line with company's compliance policy
- 5+ years accounts payable experience
- SAP experience preferred but not required
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, a critical thinker
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Job Category: Finance Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17884
Back to top