Account Manager, WSJ Pro
WSJ Pro is a news, data and networking service powered by The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. As a premium membership service, it delivers world-leading proprietary market intelligence, breaking news and industry-networking globally to elite users in a high-touch environment. Its services provide members with the tools to be more successful. Our membership groups cover a spectrum of international business and economic verticals, including: Central Banking, Venture Capital, M&A, Financial Regulation, Private Equity, Energy, Frontier Markets and Bankruptcy.
Who is my manager?
Global Sales Director, WSJ Pro
What are my accountabilities?
You will be responsible for selling Dow Jones services to a defined set of customers focused on Financial or Corporate B2B markets. Using your proven sales and account management skills, the key focus of this role is to promote Dow Jones services, to grow existing customers and drive new business revenue. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and managing the sales process from start to finish. You will have the ability to sell the full suite of Dow Jones core enterprise solutions such as Dow Jones Newswires or Factiva.com or Risk & Compliance.
- Grow new business revenue and memberships to a defined set of customers and prospects
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities
- Acquire knowledge of customers’ businesses and organizational structures and demonstrate an understanding of their main business issues.
- Display a thorough understanding of the different customer segments covered by WSJ Pro and be able to articulate clearly to customers.
- Prospect creatively and consistently for new business, in both existing customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features, benefits and advantages of WSJ Pro product and solutions to qualify potential opportunities and grow revenue.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records to provide timely management information.
- Analyze customer data to identify ways to improve usage and increase WSJ Pro memberships and minimize risk of customer cancellations.
- Present and demonstrate WSJ Pro via telephone or Web to generate upgrades and new sales.
- Build strong relationships with customers to expand new business opportunities.
- Partner with internal resources to develop membership sales.
- Measure of success will be volume of new memberships and level of revenue growth vs. quota
What do you need from me?
- Previous experience of phone based sales essential
- Proven experience within a publishing or media background required
- Experience within a subscriptions environment
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Clear demonstrable understanding of the end to end sales process
- Proven experience of consistently meeting and or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and professional approach
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28574
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area WSJ PRO
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top