Account Manager, Media Sales
The Account Manager, Media Sales will manage both the relationship and sale of high-volume and high-frequency clients (both agencies and direct customers) within the Dow Jones media sales business. This position requires consistent achievement of quarterly sales goals and active management of and prospecting for new clients.This position will report to the Director, Media Sales.
- Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific goals.
- Maintain and grow a high-volume account list of high-frequency clients (both agencies and direct customers) through face-to-face interaction.
- Serve as primary point of contact for new and existing volume and high-frequency sales and maintain agency relationships
- Manage new business prospecting activities including lapsed accounts and inbound business
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls
- Identify and develop new advertisers.
- Build relationships and develop a significant account list of advertisers and agencies through cold calls, trade networking events, and leads generated by Sales Associate or Demand Generation team.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of active accounts and revenue forecasts.
- Develop industry expertise and provide sales team with updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis and advertising opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in an account management role
- Blend of transactional (high volume) and consultative (problem solving solution selling)
- Strong prospecting, presentation,and selling skills.
- A consultative approach and the ability to comfortably liaise both internally and externally
- A strong background in managing a large book of accounts with a high volume of sales
- A demonstrated ability to grow transactional accounts
- Proven ability to sell and manage complex print and digital campaigns
- Demonstrated success exceeding sales quotas and goals.
- Prior Media Sales experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is needed.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29621
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top