When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron's. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in twenty five languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Our Corporate Sales & Marketing team is seeking an Account Manager for Direct Sales. See below the key responsibilities for this position:
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS : Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address prospects business needs
- RETENTION : Retain Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones products and services address customers' business needs
- RELATIONSHIPS : Maintain good levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication with all customers, and build solid working relationships with each customer
- RENEWALS : Develop and execute a plan to manage all account renewals, initiating communication with the client at the right time and fulfilling contractual obligations for providing account information to the client
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT : Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account understanding, understanding clients' businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the client's current and developing needs
- ROLLOUT AND ADOPTION: Ensure appropriate levels of customer training and awareness are provided through your own means and partnering with the Account Development Team.
- DEVELOP OPPORTUNITIES : Identify opportunities for increased revenue within the set of accounts (up-selling and possibly cross-selling), and where appropriate, engage with Sales Specialists to bring to close.
- TEAMWORK : Work on retention initiatives for selected customers with the extended sales team available
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE : Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client
- FORECASTING : Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure clear reporting of forthcoming renewals, additional sales opportunities, plus the associated revenue and timescales
- MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION : Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system to provide timely management information.
- A PROVEN SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD in a new business development role that requires cold calling.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong time management skills , with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Previous experience of working with financial customers is key for this role
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers , to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects, a persuasive business case is presented and a professional image always conveyed.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face meetings to ensure smooth progression of opportunities through the sales cycle. This is a key requirement since larger deals are likely to involve multiple stakeholders (individuals and departments) from all levels of the business
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within a peer group or industry sector, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills to manage renewals from the AM's set of customers to a successful conclusion
- A proven successful track record of success in selling business news and information to corporate clients
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply?
If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered. Please make sure you discuss your application with your current line manager and the hiring manager.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CORP SALES
Job Category: Sales - Direct and Indirect Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13697
Back to top