Account Manager, Paris
The Account Manager is responsible for growing and retaining the existing contract revenue (in existing buying centers) within their set of customers. The AM will also initiate sales activity with new buying centers either independently, or working with Sales Specialists. Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email,and in-person meetings. An ability to develop strong business relationships in a phone-basedand in person-based environmentis crucial to the success of this role.
The successful AM will mainly work to develop opportunities and display a strong level of business understanding within theFrench and German speaking Switzerlandand retain existing customer within those markets.
- DEVELOP NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES : A large part of this role is to identify new business development across all products: close relationships, competitive analysis, cold calling, industry knowledge and generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address customers' business needs by completing market analysis and executing a plan to grow your territory by understanding the complete suite of Dow Jones products and successfully take to market.
- RETENTION : Retain Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones products and services address customers' business needs
- RELATIONSHIPS : Maintain good levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication with all customers, and build solid working relationships with each customer
- RENEWALS : Develop and execute a plan to manage all account renewals, initiating communication with the client at the right time and fulfilling contractual obligations for providing account information to the client
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT : Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of good account understanding, understanding clients' businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the client's current and developing needs
- ROLLOUT AND ADOPTION: Ensure appropriate levels of customer training and awareness are provided through your own means and partnering with the Account Development Team.
- TEAMWORK : Work on retention initiatives for selected customers with the extended sales team available
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE : Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client
- FORECASTING : Manage Sales Forecast and Pipeline to ensure clear reporting of forthcoming renewals, additional sales opportunities, plus the associated revenue and timescales
- MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION : Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in English, French andGerman (Swiss German will be appreciated)
- Proven experience in managing complex customer and commercial relationships.
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers, to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to prospects, a persuasive and professional business case is presented always
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face meetings to ensure smooth progression of opportunities through the sales cycle. This is a key requirement since larger deals are likely to involve multiple stakeholders (individuals and departments) from all levels of the business
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Good negotiation and closing skills to manage renewals from the AM's set of customers
- Wiliness to learn and develop professionally within corporate sales.
What we offer?
In return, we offer a professional, progressive and multicultural environment for you to grow both personally as well as a wide range of benefits offered by a global company.
How do you apply? - If you feel that this position matches your skills, experience and motivation please submit your CV which must state your current salary and expectations to be considered.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted. *LI-JA1
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-30195
Job Locations FRA-PARIS
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top