The Account Executive is responsible for selling all platforms across the franchise including print, desktop, mobile, tablet, conferences, custom content and more. Duties include coordinating the preparation, documentation and presentation of sales packages; maintaining and growing account lists; identifying and developing potential new advertisers; generating advertising revenues in accordance with budgetary goals; and preparing and reporting on proposed contractual sales agreements.
- Identify and develops potential new advertisers.
- Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific budgetary goals.
- Coordinate preparation of order, order execution, and post purchase reporting to client/ agency.
- Maintain and grows account lists.
- Coordinate and executes the preparation, documentation, and presentation of sales packages.
- Prepare and report on all proposed contractual sales agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications is highly preferred.
- 5+ years sales experience is necessary with prior advertising sales experience preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required. Strong one on one and group presentations skills are essential. Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is necessary.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
- Prior experience using a CRM or Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience working with Luxury Real Estate preferred.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28821
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Sales
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top