Account Development Executive
Account Development Executive, Corporates
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we’re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television—including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron’s. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world’s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in twenty five languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
As an Account Development Executive your primary function will be to develop and enhance our corporate customers’ use of our services and the value they’re gaining. The ADE plays a key role in the sales team by providing training, client negotiation and support with a focus on customer retention. In addition to this, the ADE will also assist the AM in identifying business development opportunities; these could be new, cross-sell, or up-sell opportunities.
The ADE will develop strategic relationships with both customers and the sales team to ensure strong, trustworthy working relationships and to be a truly customer-facing advisor providing a high level of support to professionals in the corporate industry. Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email, and in-person meetings. An ability to develop strong business relationships in a phone-based and in person-based environment is crucial to the success of this role.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Maintain good levels of customer satisfaction through regular communication with all customers, and build solid working relationships with each customer
- RETENTION: Assist the AM in retaining Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones products and services address customers’ business needs
- RENEWALS: Develop and execute a plan alongside the Account Manager to manage all account renewals, initiating communication with the client at the right time and fulfilling contractual obligations for providing account information to the client
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the full range of Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client through regular training and communication
- IDENTIFY PROSPECTS: Work alongside the Account Managers to complete market analysis to identify growth areas within the customer base, plus the specific roles and individuals to be prospected
- MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION: Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system to provide timely management information.
- DEVELOP OPPORTUNITIES: Identify opportunities for increased revenue within the set of accounts (up-selling and possibly cross-selling), and where appropriate, engage with Sales Specialists to bring to close.
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to develop and implement effective systems for managing administrative tasks and tracking progress against appropriate activity goals
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers, to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Excellent communication skills (listening, questioning, written and verbal) to ensure the Dow Jones value position is clearly articulated to corporate customers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in face-to-face and telephone meetings
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within the corporate space, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- A proven successful track record of relationship management and providing training in information services
- Sensible management of Dow Jones travel and expenses costs is expected
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor degree required.
- An advanced graduate degree, a plus.
- Location of the job: London, United Kingdom
- Salary package : Salary competitive plus benefits
How do you apply?
If the above position matches your experience and motivations then please submit a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role, your current and required salary and on target commission.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2016-28906
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function Sales
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top