Head of Operations
This role is responsible for guiding and developing the most efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality supply chain, distribution and fulfillment, and inventory management of Dormify.com. The position will require a leader to provide business management leadership, analysis, oversight and discipline across multiple Distribution and Fulfillment Centers at both the tactical and strategic level. Sets vision and aligns functional capabilities of the network to meet evolving demand; arms the broader business by creating value through logistics as a competitive advantage. This person will lead strategic planning, support implementation of technology, systems, and lead processes to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the company.
- Manage the retail product lifecycle from vendor origin to 3PL across 1400 SKUs (and reverse functions including related transportation functions and all supporting operations.)
- Ensure and optimize timely, cost effective delivery of product to customer for sales made via e-commerce, retail, partnerships and wholesale, and customer service orders
- Direct the financial, operational, and service performance of multiple Distribution and Fulfillment Centers (3rd Party Logistics and Drop Ship Vendors).
- Utilize 3PL’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
- Resolve highly complex SKU, receiving and/or vendor issues identified within the fulfillment center.
- Evaluate vendors and negotiate the best inbound and outbound shipping terms to drive Dormify profitability
- Provide strategic leadership to develop, coach, and mentor direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor continuous improvement processes for the organization and share best practices across departments, divisions and network
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Any industry certifications and development are a plus.
- 8+ years of supply chain / logistics as an operator with a career path showing increasingly responsible roles in leadership; preferably in the E-Commerce industry
- In depth knowledge of fulfillment and distribution operations, including experience with high transaction operations and excellent skills in the areas of supply chain, inventory managements, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow for teams and leadership
- Outstanding communication skills necessary; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing budgets with the ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to hit cost reduction goals and drive results
- Analytical; ability to review and lead execution decisions based on reports/data
- Ability to make sound decisions and lead several processes in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team to provide industry best practices
- Forward-thinkers with an eye toward innovation and continuous improvement
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive),
- Ability to create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback, drive change, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Fully understand the Dormify core values and employ it in every project.
See Inside the Office of Dormify
Born from a love of fashion and creative expression, Dormify creates and curates fashionable dorm décor and products for the college-aged girl. Focused on creating a discovery-based commerce experience, Dormify transforms dorms into fashion sanctuaries by guiding users through its collections of step-by-step DIY tutorials, thoughtfully selected inspiration boards, and complimentary stylish content found on its blog.
Back to top