Graphic Design Intern - Winter/Spring 2019
Winter/Spring Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
Dormify creates and curates beautifully designed decor products for stylish and fashion-minded small space dwellers everywhere. We’re bringing small space solutions and modern decor ideas to dorm rooms, apartments, and bedrooms to make the decorating and move-in process as seamless and stress-free as possible. We’re looking for a smart, creative, and proactive designer to assist the brand's lead graphic designer and provide general digital/print design support for Dormify.com and various distribution channels.
You would wear many hats, but specific tasks might include:
- Creating visual guides in Photoshop + following our brand guidelines
- Updating/maintaining website graphics Image resizing, retouching and editing
- Creating graphics for social media channels, emails, misc projects
- Researching inspiration and creating mood boards for various projects/shoots
- Organizing and prepping brand assets for events, photoshoots
- Assisting in the creation of marketing and promotional materials
- Product design
You’re right for the role if you:
- Are passionate about your work, and take pride in excelling at what you do.
- Know how to take a great photo using a DSLR camera
- Think punctuality and attention to detail are both important.
- Are collaborative and work well with other teammates (but can work alone when necessary)
- Are comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
We’ll like you even more if you:
- Can write a great pun/pop culture reference.
- Are handy with Instagram/Snapchat/etc
- Have a basic knowledge of HTML/CSS (not required)
- Take initiative — we know that the best work comes from doing what you love.
- Are interested in photography or illustration and hand lettering (calligraphy).
- Knows how to use After Effect or Premier Pro
- Has basic knowledge of how to edit videos, or knows how to animate
- Knows how to photo retouch
- Solid skills in Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Strong understanding of general graphic design principles
- Strong knowledge and interest in typography
- Strong knowledge of image formats and optimization for the web
- Must be organized!
- Keep things clean and easy to find
- You must be able to work in our midtown Manhattan office
- You must know how to use a Mac
- You must be able to work on multiple projects at once
Some tips for your cover letter and application:
- Be real about who you are, what your interests are, and why you want to intern at Dormify
- Share your personal website, Instagram, photos, or Behance account or anything else you find relevant to showing us who you are
Get to know us:
Dormify breaks the rules of traditional dorm decor with a fashion-forward approach to styling small spaces. We create and curate exclusive products specifically designed for the fashion minded. We work in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and look for those with creative ways of solving problems. We like ideas, but more than that we like people that can bring their ideas to life.
We’re an energetic, fun team that loves what we do and finds endless humor in everyday tasks. We’re constantly innovating and changing the way students shop for home décor. There are new ideas, new opportunities, and new areas of the business arising everyday. Oh, and we have beds in our office.
Let’s do this:
Please send your resume, cover letter, website/portfolio, blog (if applicable), instagram/twitter handle, etc.
See Inside the Office of Dormify
Born from a love of fashion and creative expression, Dormify creates and curates fashionable dorm décor and products for the college-aged girl. Focused on creating a discovery-based commerce experience, Dormify transforms dorms into fashion sanctuaries by guiding users through its collections of step-by-step DIY tutorials, thoughtfully selected inspiration boards, and complimentary stylish content found on its blog.
Back to top