Customer Experience Associate (contract July-September)
Contractor, May-August 2019 // NYC OFFICE
Who we are:
Dormify is a revolutionary new way that college students can bring style to their lives at school and beyond. We bring small space style solutions to students, and bridge their lifestyle touch points at school to fit with their personal fashion sense. And we’re looking to build our team!
We are looking for an energetic, design-savvy, people-person to join our team and help make the process of decorating a small space stress-free and fun.
What you’ll do:
You will be our customer service extraordinaire, responsible for customer interaction, whether it be providing information on our products or services, responding to inquiries, and resolving any problems! Not only will you be working with our customers to ensure their shopping experience is a positive one, you will also be working with our vendors + fulfillment center to guarantee all aspects of the transaction are handled properly. As a Customer Experience Associate and Small Space Stylist, you will work virtually with our customers to create a space they will love.
Plus fun things like:
- Work collaboratively with customers/clients whether it be by phone, e-mail, text or live chat.
- Learn and work under the Dormify style philosophy as well as develop a clear understanding of all product lines and policies inside and out. You’ll speak our language in no time!
- Offer advice and ideas on small space style and college life to our audiences in creative ways.
- Respond promptly to customer questions, concerns and suggestions and resolve customer issues.
- Document returns and exchanges properly for accurate record keeping.
- Relay all necessary information to our internal team regarding customer matters, and follow up on any outstanding matters.
You’re right for the role if you have:
- Minimum of 2-3 years either retail/customer service experience and/or design experience in interior design or home furnishings role OR a bachelor’s degree in interior design.
- Love to interface with customers/clients and a drive to do what it takes to satisfy them.
- Flawless communication skills—especially verbal and written.
- A knack for coming up with creative solutions to any problems by searching and finding information, analyzing data, identifying product fits, and coming up with creative out-of-the-box ideas.
- Skillful at gathering and interpreting data to effectively resolve customer issues.
- Ability to effectively and productively work with others as a team, but also independently.
- A love of Google docs.
- An understanding of the Dormify philosophy and aesthetic to utilize our products as well as creative thinking to transform a space.
Get to know us:
Dormify breaks the rules of traditional dorm decor with a fashion-forward approach to styling small spaces. We create and curate exclusive products specifically designed for fashion-minded college students. Get a glimpse of our team here. pinterest.com/dormify/life-at-dormify
You get the chance to be a part of something new and exciting. We have beds in our office. We’re an energetic, fun team that loves what we do and finds humor in everyday tasks. We’re constantly innovating and changing the way college students shop for home décor. There are new ideas, new opportunities, and new areas of the business arising everyday.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as any applicable case studies/portfolio work.
Back to top