Video Imaging Research Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
We are looking to recruit interns in the Imaging Advanced Development group. The qualified candidate will develop novel image/video processing and video compression technology that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies.
- Design and implement innovative image/video processing and video coding algorithms.
- Document and present the new algorithms and implementations in various forms, such as technical white papers, etc.
- In study towards PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Solid research background in image/video processing and image/video coding, or related fields. Proven track record of publications in first-tier conferences and/or journals a plus.
- Proficient in C and Matlab programming. Past experience with video coding standards reference software such as HM, SHM, JM and JSVM a plus, not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong team player.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top