Technical Program Manager_New Products
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Passion for technology and how it will shape the next wave of entertainment experiences
- Global high tech company located in the heart of San Francisco
- Fast paced team leading a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business
- Opportunity for a top caliber program manager to lead the programs from initiation to delivery
If these resonate with you keep on reading …
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in our brand new campus in the heart of San Francisco you will work with world class innovators in a dynamic environment featuring top-tier laboratories and the latest equipment to advance the science of sight and sound. We are looking for a leader who wants to work on high impact strategic programs and thrives in a start-up like environment. We are rapidly growing our team and moving to bring amazing experiences to the home.
As the Technical Program Manager in a fast paced team leading a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business, you will help to bring the next generation of Dolby products to life. The candidate hired for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. Lead software/hardware programs from definition through development and release.
- Drive the activities of high performing software/hardware development teams to introduce new products to the market.
- Act as a focal point for the team and facilitate collaboration and progress by triaging requests/issues, removing barriers, being an expert problem solver.
- Facilitate daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, release planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Perform release management activities for assigned teams and drive PLM process.
- A commitment to mentoring, coaching, and evangelizing Agile practices within your teams and across the organization.
- Identify risks within projects and across teams, generate solutions and recommendations to address the issues.
- Provide visibility to team status and issues to management.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Continually improves processes in order to maximize throughput with a business focus approach.
The Technical Program Manager must have the skills to drive complex software/hardware programs from initiation to delivery through careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communicating status and issues to key stakeholders. The individual must also be adept at handling a variety of challenging situations and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience, and/or professional experience in managing software/hardware development programs.
- Strong understanding of software/hardware development and release life cycle and agile methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; demonstrates creative problem solving.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Practical experience with manufacturing, risk analysis, change control and conflict resolution.
- Expert knowledge and practical application of program and project management tools, approaches, and processes as they apply to software/hardware product development programs.
- Ability to multitask, be hands on and dive deep as needed, perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, and experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus.
COME JOIN AN AMAZING TEAM!
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top