Technical Program Manager, Dolby Vision
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager to join the Consumer Entertainment Group based in Sunnyvale, to help bring Dolby Vision, the next generation imaging technology and products, to market. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of business and technical acumen, and can ensure that programs are well-positioned to meet the strategic market needs and opportunities. He/she will drive complex programs from initiation to delivery through careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communicating status and issues to key stakeholders. The individual must also be adept at handling a variety of challenging situations and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Work with top tier TV OEMs, customers, partners, and ODM’s to ensure alignment of goals, timelines, and expectations, and resolve any issues.
- Drive the activities of high performing cross-functional teams to develop and introduce new imaging software licensing and reference hardware products to the market. Ensure effective communication across the teams and that all stakeholder needs are being addressed.
- Provide regular program status updates to senior management and recommend potential corrective actions as appropriate.
- Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall objectives and plan and gain their support.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure key program documents including marketing and product requirements, functional specifications, and test plans are sufficient for creating an integrated program plan.
- Ensure that Dolby’s process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management best practices within Dolby.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in managing hardware and software product development programs from inception to end of life.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Ability to present to all levels, from individual contributors to executives.
- Expert knowledge and practical application of program and project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to product development.
- Practical experience with risk analysis and conflict resolution.
- Ability to multitask, drive at the high-level but dive deep when needed.
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel.
- Experience in imaging or audio product development or technologies and working with cross-geographical teams desired.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top