Systems Engineer, Technical Operations
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Systems Engineer, Technical Operations
Soho Square, London W1D
MAIN PURPOSE AND PRIMARY OBJECTIVES:
Dolby's Technical Operations Group promotes and provides services to support Dolby's content formats. This includes the creation of content in-house and assisting the industry to establish efficient workflows to create and distribute content themselves.
The roles primary focus will be to provide critical support and guidance for the operations of Dolby's Post Production and Mastering facilities. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting every aspect of the facility including audio and video signal routing and processing as well as storage systems and networks. As standards and techniques evolve it will the job of the Systems Engineer to determine the ideal path for the future.
As Systems Engineer you will be the primary point of contact for support in the following areas;
- Core production infrastructure including but not limited to network, SAN and KVM
- In-house Audio and Video routing systems.
- In-house Video and Audio processing systems such as but not limited to Protools, Avid and Clipster.
- Color grading platforms such as Baselight, Resolve, Mistika and others.
- Dolby's Content Mapping Unit.
- Ingest and egest production data via electronic and physical means.
- Ensure systems are maintained, working with partners to determine ideal maintenance windows.
- Ensure content security policies are enforced and adhered to.
- Work with management and local resources to develop budget needs and support contract insight.
- Support clients and partners while on-site.
- Assist with Content QC as required.
- On an adhoc basis, help define technical projects, monitor them and bring them to a satisfactory conclusion.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Comprehensive understanding of signal pipeline. Both from an electrical and video/audio signaling standpoint. This should involve understanding wire diagrams as well as diagnosing signal issues.
- Understanding current video standards as well as Dolby Vision signals, the differences and trade-offs
- Familiarity with video display systems and signaling
- Familiarity with audio systems and signaling
- Great familiarity with video and audio playback and grading systems, the interfaces, operations and pipeline
- Good understanding of Image and audio file types and standards and the tradeoffs of the types.
- Familiarity with high density storage systems used for imaging such as SAN and NAS.
- Understanding of KVM systems and other interface extension platforms, both locally and remote operated.
- Understanding of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Solid and demonstrable experience working in Production / Post production /Theatrical environments
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Deep knowledge base of the post production processes
- Strong technical understanding of various workflows
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with internal and external clients seamlessly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle and to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- This role may involve some International travel.
- On occasions overtime may be required in order to meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top