Supply Chain Manager - DASS
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of e-media. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby Laboratories is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our operations team. As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be the primary Operations/Supply Chain interface to the development and deployment teams. You have the responsibility for driving operational activities for new product development and supporting those products through the mass production ramp to volume. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. The candidate should be well versed in working with Contract Manufacturers (CM) and Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), ensuring products are designed and built to Dolby standards.
- Own the relationship between Dolby and the speaker suppliers, including management of cost and overall supplier performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams through the supplier selection process starting from the initial screen to final approval by stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a multi-year sourcing strategy on speaker-related technology, product fit (mobile, PC, TV), and create risk mitigation plans
- Engage with speaker suppliers, and system integration partners (partners (OEM/ODM /CM) to develop, ramp plans for new product introduction of consumer products
- Manage ramp readiness with internal teams as well as external partners (i.e. material availability, cost/assembly/test/BOM/capacity readiness and transition plans).
- Drive the cost analysis and negotiation to support Engineering, Product and external OEM/ODM objectives.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships; create clear and consistent communications; data-driven and action-oriented; enthusiastic and motivated; and detail-oriented while managing several work-streams.
- Self-starter with the ability tolead and facilitate
- Organized and detail oriented; excels in program/project management; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts;
- Accountable and responsible, possess the highest integrity while working with OEM/ODM/CMs;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Process driven and analytical
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or relevant field is preferred.
- 5 + years of experience in materials management, procurement or supply chain management.
- 5 + years of experience working with Asia manufacturers. Prefer experience in transducer and speaker related industry.
- Effective management of the entire outsourced manufacturing process; RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management, and project close activities.
- An in-depth understanding of discrete manufacturing processes and structures of speaker-related products. Can understand the breakdown elements of transducer, cable, mechanical enclosure etc.
- Deep understanding of the cost drivers on speaker-related products.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level as well as working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skill and negotiation skill within a fast pace environment
- Experience with Agile-PLM is a plus
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top