[Summer Session] Web Developer Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Dolby’s IT Enterprise Applications team is looking for an intern to help take on some mobile and web application development projects. We’ll partner the intern with an experienced developer to provide design and technical guidance, and the intern will have the opportunity to do development on applications that are used by Dolby’s employees to make them more productive.
- This role will take the intern through a full life-cycle of one or more application mini-projects, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Opportunity to learn and practice how to write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Opportunity to learn and practice how to create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Opportunity to learn and practice how to integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Opportunity to learn and practice how to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Opportunity to learn and practice how to test applications on various browsers and modify if necessary
- The ideal candidate would have some HTML5 and/or .NET development experience, though they are not expected to be an expert developer.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- They should be excited to learn and have an interest in the applications that are used to run the business
- Since interactions with business stakeholders and internal IT team members is a big part of this role, strong communications (written and verbal) and the ability to work well as part of a team are key requirements for this role
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top