[Summer Session] Sound Technology Research Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
The Sound Tech Research team is looking for a talented, self-motivated student to help in electroacoustic research and testing.
- Perform acoustic measurements of microspeakers and headphones
- Prototype acoustic enclosures as proof-of-concept
- Learn how to use existing Dolby algorithms and tools to improve the sound of “lifestyle” type devices (laptops, tablets, phones)
- Explore other areas of audio research that Dolby has to offer
The intern will work alongside researchers and engineers in a small collaborative team at Dolby’s San Francisco office.
- Pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Acoustics, Audio Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Solid background in transducer theory (electroacoutics) and the application of digital audio signal processing techniques
- Experience using acoustic lab equipment (e.g., microphones, sound level meters, loudspeakers, etc.)
- Experience in Matlab programing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree or equivalent
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with acoustical analysis & measurement systems (Klippel, SoundCheck, SMART, etc.)
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks, Rhino3D, etc.)
- A passion and appreciation for the creation and reproduction of high quality, immersive audio
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top