[Summer Session] Software Engineer Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
The Cinema team in Dolby is responsible for designing Dolby’s products for Cinema Exhibition, Post Production and Home Theatre. As a Cinema intern, you will work with new cutting-edge display systems used in Cinema and Post-production. Bring your creativity and passion to help build the future of the entertainment experience.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Proficient in Matlab programming; experience in C++ a plus.
- Background in at least two of the following: color science, photometric measurement techniques, display calibration, image analysis, laser illumination.
- Conduct calibrations of high-dynamic-range laser-illumination projector systems for cinema.
- Develop software to implement defined calibration processes.
- Optimize existing calibration processes to reduce calibration time and improve accuracy.
- Troubleshoot field calibration issues such as errors encountered during calibration or image artifacts resulting from calibration; document issues in bug tracking database.
- Great team player; interested in experimentation and investigation; professional in front of customers.
- Travel within the USA is required.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top