[Summer Session] Platform Development Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Dolby Labs is looking for talented individuals to help develop the next generation of motion picture experiences – what we call Dolby Vision. The Platform Development Team is centered in Sunnyvale, California, and is responsible for delivering industry-leading algorithms and packages for video compression and color management. Of particular interest is enabling the creation and distribution of motion picture content containing wider color gamut and higher luminance levels far beyond anything that is available today. Above all, we strive to deliver a unique "In Dolby" experience that is immediately obvious to all viewers. Our interns will be conducting a series of testing-related tasks involving research, development and customer support.
- Validating algorithm effect from research outcome
- Verifying code implementation result between development and research teams
- Conducting objective and subjective tests for image outputs
- Implementing test automation using scripting language or C/C++
- Providing analytical report based on test/verification results
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Proficient in using scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.) for testing/analysis-related tasks
- Proficient in C/C++
- Understanding of basic video processing concepts is desired but not required
- Experience in analyzing test results and generating statistical reports is desired
- Ability to deal with fast-paced, frequent-changing tasks
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top