[Summer Session] IT Infrastructure Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Dolby’s IT Infrastructure team is looking for an intern to help with IT Infrastructure related projects. The intern will partner with an experienced engineer, who will provide technical guidance, and the intern will have the opportunity to do actual end user and infrastructure related support.
- CMDB implementation:
- Define “significant” assets that we need to get into our CMDB
- Figure out how we load significant assets into CMDB, eg manual or automatic
- Figure out how we load asset data related to warranty, maintenance, costs, expiration data, licensing data, vendor data, etc
- Configure automated discovery via SCCM, Caspar, Vistara, other as appropriate
- Confirm & document the use-cases/processes that will leverage the CMDB:
- Represent the primary computer of each active user in SNOW.
- Provide software licensing reporting and support license compliance.
- Represent the warranty / maintenance status of all significant Infrastructure assets in SNOW
- Establish CMDB data maintenance: figure out what is required to maintain the CMDB into the future, eg how are new devices properly added and associated to users / contracts / locations, etc in SNOW; How is data entry handled ongoing, ensuring data consistency, error handling, reporting, how are assets decommissioned out of the CMDB, etc
- Sharepoint site and data migration from legacy infrastructure to new
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Hardware Engineering, Business Computer Systems or related field
- PC/MAC or hardware/networking experience (though not expected to be an expert in any specific area)
- Excited to learn and have an interest in hardware or infrastructure software applications (Email, Box, Lync, SharePoint, Video Conferencing, Telephony) that are used to run an enterprise business
- Strong written and verbal communications (interactions with business stakeholders and internal IT team members is a big part of the role)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top