[Summer Session] IP Legal Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
The IP Transactions and Legal Affairs Intern will be an active member of the Dolby’s legal team and will assist with drafting and negotiating complex licenses and commercial agreements and day-to-day responsibilities. The Intern will work closely with the legal team – attending and participating in internal and external meetings, collaborating on projects, receiving feedback and support, and generally learning about the practical dimensions of practicing law in-house.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a graduate degree (JD or LLM) at an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- Strong interest in IP and commercial transactional work (i.e., contracts).
- Strong interest in operational work (e.g., systems, processes, and data) as applied to legal departments.
- Previous legal internship and/or business-related work experience a plus, particularly in high technology legal transactional and/or operational areas
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and professional attitude, including dependability, timeliness, and a penchant for discretion
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to collaborate effectively across diverse internal legal and business group
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top