[Summer Session] Audio Patent Group Intern
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. As an Intern, we have a collegial culture – big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference.
Dolby’s Audio Patent Group is looking for an enthusiastic academic intern interested in learning about Intellectual Property Law in an in-house, high-tech, global environment. This internship will be involved with legal research in the area of intellectual property as well as assist our in-house counsel with patent prosecution and patent portfolio management as well as handle various ad hoc projects.
The intern will be expected to be an active member of the Audio Patent Team who will assist with both complex projects and day-to-day responsibilities. The Intern will work closely with the team, collaborating on projects, receiving feedback and support, and generally learning about the practical dimensions of practicing patent law in-house.
This position is in Dolby’s San Francisco headquarters.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a graduate degree (JD or LLM) at an accredited law school with a strong academic record.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology, Computer Engineering/Science or Physics. A concentration in Digital Signal Processing would be preferred.
- Concentration in Patent Law (e.g., patent prosecution) or Intellectual Property Law preferred.
- Previous legal internship and/or business-related work experience a plus, particularly in patent prosecution.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and professional attitude, including dependability, timeliness, and a penchant for discretion.
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly.
- Experience with online research tools, as well as Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, and Bloomberg.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top