Student placement - Western Europe Sales 2017/2018
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Student Placement – 12 months (2017/2018)
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated student to help with the role out of Dolby’s exciting next generation audio and video experiences to the home. This is the chance to be part of the team that’s bringing immersive audio and high dynamic range video to every screen.
Dolby Laboratories creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear and meaningful in Dolby.
Dolby ATMOS and Dolby Vison are available in Cinema screens today; now it’s moving to the home with films already available from Amazon and Netflix. BT have announced the first broadcast service starting in January 2017 with more to follow. This is an exciting time for Dolby moving operators from 5.1 DD+ surround sound to more immersive and personalised experiences.
There is a placement for the 2017/2018 academic year in Dolby’s Professional Solutions Team helping pursue opportunities for Dolby technologies with third party equipment providers in Europe plus helping to support team members in San Francisco.
The placement is based in our Royal Wootton Bassett office.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience in:
- Interacting directly with customers in a business to business sales environment
- Using SAP and Sales Force reporting tools to create clear reports to assist senior management decision making.
- Managing Dolby’s equipment loan program with an equipment pool worth more than $250K
- Working in a complex international intellectual property business including managing the agreement processes and understanding royalty models.
- Organizing customer events such as trade shows and in house training
- Opportunity to attend Broadcast trade shows to meet customers and better understand the industry
- Working within an international environment as part of a small international team based in UK, Germany and USA, regularly working directly with people from Europe and beyond
- There is potential to complete a work based project over the placement period
Ideally, candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, knowledge of Excel (pivot tables desirable)
- A good understanding of basic business and financial models; profit and loss, potential revenue, etc
- A structured approach to problem solving with excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail
- A genuine interest and appreciation of media technology
- Good organization skills, and ability to prioritize
- Minimum 260 UCAS points and working towards 2.1
Dolby is a fast paced environment that gives an interesting insight into the entertainment and content creation/delivery world across four screens (Cinema, Broadcast, PC/Tablet/Games, and Mobile). This opportunity will give the successful candidate a good understanding of how these markets are developing and an appreciation of what it takes to succeed in a high tech multinational company.
While being an integral part of the team, the successful candidate will also need to be able to work with minimal supervision taking ownership of tasks from start to finish using own initiative to overcome hurdles.
Previous placements have been very successful and thirteen students from various placements have joined Dolby as full-time employees since the scheme started in 1999, so we think we can say they enjoyed the experience!
Applicants should be an undergraduate with related experience, who are looking for an exciting and rewarding placement this year.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top