Staff Solutions Engineer, Media Workflow
At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to inspire how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide.
To do that, we need the absolute best talent. Are you the one?
We are big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. Would you like to work on the latest entertainment technologies to deliver spectacular experiences with us?
The position is with Commercial Partnership Group and is based in Wrocław, Poland.
As a successful candidate, your main objective is to provide technical support for media workflow products such as Dolby Encoding Engine, Dolby Reference Player, and Dolby Media Encoder. As a member of the dynamic Solutions Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to help enable our customers and partners deliver spectacular Dolby experiences to millions of consumers.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Provide integration and technical support to regional Solution Engineers who are helping Dolby customers and partners enable Dolby technologies (e.g. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos) in their services and products.
- Become a technical expert for Dolby media workflow products, address in-depth technical issues, and help provide training to others. Contribute to the training and development of customer facing Solutions Engineers.
- Be the voice of the customer to provide customer feedback to program team and identify the gaps in Dolby deliverables early to drive higher customer satisfaction.
- Be the driver and owner of knowledge base content for various Dolby products such as Dolby Encoding Engine to help the team to scale.
- Up to 10-20% domestic and international travel may be required.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters is preferred) in Signal and Image Processing, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years in system engineering and/or other technical customer support roles in Broadcast or Over-the-Top (OTT) industry.
- Scripting language skills (e.g. Bash, Python) or programming skills in C/C++/Java.
- A good listener with can-do attitude and always ready to help others.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined to learn new technologies and always keep company's best interest in mind.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills, ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically, using a diplomatic and professional approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technologies and practices in several of the following areas:
- Video codecs such as H.265/H.264 compression standards.
- Knowledge of common video analysis tools and video perceptual quality testing.
- Over-the-Top (OTT) streaming technology, including encoding, transcoding, packaging, Digital Rights Management (DRM), Content Delivery Network (CDN) and their applications in content distribution infrastructures.
- Broadcast standards such as Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
- Playback frameworks used to build players and apps in Over-the-Top (OTT) services.
Desirable, will be considered an advantage
- Experience with High Dynamic Range (HDR) video.
- Knowledge of video technologies, cinema and television production and post-production workflows.
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
- A passion for music, audio/video production, recording engineering, broadcast engineering film audio or acoustics.
Dolby Hiring Entity:
Dolby Poland Sp. z o.o.
Business Garden, Building G
ul. Legnicka 48
Wrocław, 54-202, Poland
Back to top