Staff Solutions Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Dolby's Greater China FAE Team is seeking a Staff Solutions Engineer responsible for providing pre and post sales engineering and technical support to assist the sales team with driving the adoption of our technologies in the OTT and broadcast ecosystems. The Staff Solutions Engineer will provide technical support and act as a visionary for helping our customers understand how Dolby's video and audio technologies can enhance the value proposition of their products and services. The Staff Solutions Engineer will be the primary "technical voice of the customer" for assigned accounts.
This position requires an in-depth working knowledge of holistic content delivery platforms and solutions; from content creation, aggregation, distribution and playback across the entire chain.
Essential Job Functions
- Look at the overall ecosystems of OTT and broadcast, provide the end to end video and audio solution proposal to the customers.
- Provide systems guidelines and technical support to OTT operators, broadcast operators, system integrators and TV stations. Interface with operators and system integrators on pre-sales discussions and issues of systems design, support system implementation.
- Understand customer requirements, delivering technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of Dolby's video and audio technologies to customers.
- Interface with Engineering to provide input and suggestions for new products and features, based on customer needs and competitive information.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, conferences, and educational events to keep abreast of industry developments, promote and demonstrate our technologies and examine the potential of new markets for our technologies.
- Work with Marketing as required providing input and requirements for the design, development and execution of presentations and technical demonstrations tools to effectively present and sell our audio and video technologies to customers.
Education, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- BSEE or video/audio engineering and >5 years of progressive professional technical experience. Requires a working experience to deploy end to end solutions by working across TV stations, OTT operators or broadcast operators, system integrators, and device manufacturers.
- Experience in video/audio engineering with background on content production, encoding, evaluation, etc. Deep understanding on the video and audio encoding and content formats, especially the differences between the content formats, their relative strengthes and weaknesses. Thus be able to present and promote Dolby's video and audio technologies by providing professional level consultation.
- Understanding of content delivery ecosystems and their dynamics – influencers, particularly the role of the service provider and the aggregator in service specifications and purchase decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team building skills, plus strong work and business ethics.
- Excellent understanding of the sales process with substantive depth to develop solutions to complex engineering related issues.
- Be able to build up and maintain business relationships with and apply strong influence on TV stations, operators, system integrators.
- Customer-focused with strong service orientation.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment. Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel.
Note: This position requires frequent travel.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top