Staff SCM Engineer - Perforce Administrator
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Staff SCM Engineer, Perforce Administrator
What if there was absolutely nothing stopping you from inventing the next big thing? What would you do if you thought you could enhance the entertainment experience so that consumers were willing to wait hours in line, because they just had to have it?
Now is your chance to explore the possibilities, tap in to your creativity, and make your ideas a reality.
Be part of the exciting future of entertainment and add your talents to those of an amazing team. For more than 40 years, Dolby has led the way in developing innovative entertainment products and technologies used by consumers and professionals worldwide. Innovations from Dolby can be heard in consumer audio and video products, entertainment software, and professional sound applications, including music recording, broadcasting, and sound for motion pictures.
Now Dolby is reinventing the audio and video experience, including the systems and products that redefine this experience for multiple markets. Our long-standing commitment to research and development enables our focus to remain on solutions that work today and are prepared for the future. That's what keeps us on the leading edge of many industries.
Our company philosophy encourages creativity, collaboration, and the desire to perceive things differently. We have been recognized as one of the top 100 best places to work in the Bay Area. We offer a unique and rich array of benefits, including a flexible work schedule and an assortment of health coverage options. We're always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
This role places a heavy emphasis on supporting a large community of developers in using Perforce Source Code repository. The ideal candidate will be someone who's passionate about developing software the right way and knows how to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through proper usage of SCM tools. A keen eye towards troubleshooting and solving problems is paramount. You will maintain, design and develop Dolby SCM Eco system. You will perform maintenance and troubleshooting of complex Perforce architecture and its integration with such tools like Code Collaborator and Jira. You will work on improving speed, efficiency and scalability of the overall SCM tools Eco system. You will be working across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of Perforce and Code Collaborator, automating wherever feasible process enforcing rules, triggers and integrations. This role proactively communicates with the team; proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes, contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations, defining and implementing best SCM practices across disparate product groups in Dolby's regional development centers in Europe, Pacific Region and North America. You will be part of the team responsible for building, releasing, automating and configuring changes through all stages of the build and release cycle. You should have a solid foundation in Source Code Administration theory such as branching and merging, traceability, repeatability, and configuration management as well as the consulting and communication skills needed to interact and build consensus across teams. You will architect, enable and maintain Enterprise level Eco system of Software Configuration management tools and technologies that will make Dolby Software Development Processes more efficient, reliable, and cost effective.
Job Functions and Competencies
- Maintaining, Designing and developing Enterprise level Perforce implementation.
- Configuring and managing all geographically distributed servers, that include Perforce Master Server, Replica Servers, Proxy Servers and Edge Servers.
- Managing Disk Space, Archiving Data, Establishing Solid Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Managing Perforce Metadata and Depots
- Managing Protection table and User access
- Developing an overall plan for SCM processes and tools with the intent of creating a well-integrated SCM tools Eco system.
- Ability to evaluate and efficiently schedule and execute new Perforce Server and Client release upgrades
- Ability to drive cross functional projects that impact global development teams.
- Thorough understanding of Perforce operations and architecture, disaster recovery, backups and administration. Perforce Administrator Exam or similar Certification is a must.
- Experience with theory of Continuous Integration and Automation Tools is required.
Skills, Education and Attribute Competencies
- 5-10 years of proven Perforce Administration experience in the software electronics industry, although hardware experience is highly beneficial.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software engineering
- Hands-on experience with complex SCM tools eco systems
- Expert knowledge of one of the scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Shell, Make
- Subject matter expert in SDLC and code branching/merging strategies
- Familiarity with other industry SCM systems such as Git, GitLab, Gerrit, and GitHub
- Some experience with SQL and relational databases administration (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong experience in Linux/Unix system administration as well as familiarity with other platforms like Windows and Mac.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with diverse group of people, effectively balance competing priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top