Staff SCM Engineer - Git Administrator
- San Francisco, CA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Staff SCM Engineer, Git Administrator
Come be a part of the team responsible for building, releasing, automating and configuring changes through all stages of the build and release cycle at Dolby. This role places a heavy emphasis on supporting a large community of developers in using the Git Code repository. The ideal candidate will be someone who's passionate about developing software the right way and knows how to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through proper usage of SCM tools. A keen eye towards troubleshooting and solving problems is paramount. You will maintain, design and develop the Dolby SCM ecosystem. Your previous experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of complex Git architecture and experience migrating large organizations into Git culture is a key. You'll work on improving speed, efficiency and scalability of the overall SCM tools ecosystem. Essential to this opportunity is the ability to successfully work across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of Git environment, automating wherever feasible process enforcing rules, triggers and integrations. This role proactively communicates with the team; proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes, contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations, defining and implementing best SCM practices across various product groups in Dolby's regional development centers in Europe, APAC and North America. Bring your solid foundation in Source Code Administration theory such as branching and merging, traceability, repeatability, and configuration management as well as the consulting and communication skills needed to interact and build consensus across teams. You will architect, enable and maintain enterprise level ecosystem of Software Configuration Management tools and technologies that will make the Dolby Software Development Processes more efficient, reliable, and cost effective.
Job Functions and Competencies
- Maintaining, Designing and developing Enterprise level Git implementation.
- Configuring and managing Git servers, LFS implementation, and Development Tools Integrations.
- Managing Disk Space, Archiving Data, Establishing Solid Disaster Recovery Procedures.
- Managing Permissions and Projects Nomenclature, establishing protocols to ensure our SCM environment is secure and protected.
- Developing an overall plan for SCM processes and tools with the intent of creating a well-integrated SCM tools ecosystem.
- Ability to evaluate and efficiently schedule and execute new Git software release upgrades
- Ability to drive cross functional projects that impact global development teams.
- Thorough understanding of Git operations and architecture, disaster recovery, backups and administration.
- Experience with theory of Continuous Integration and Automation Tools is required.
- Experience with migrating source code repositories from legacy SCM systems is required.
Skills, Education and Attribute Competencies
- Git administration experience in the software electronics industry, although hardware experience is highly beneficial.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software engineering
- Hands-on experience with complex SCM tools ecosystems
- Expert knowledge of one of the scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell.
- Subject matter expert in SDLC and code branching/merging strategies
- Some experience with SQL and relational databases administration (i.e. Oracle, MySQL)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong experience in Linux/Unix system administration as well as familiarity with other platforms like Windows and Mac.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with diverse group of people, effectively balance competing priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top