Staff QA Software Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Staff QA Engineer you will be responsible for leading and directly contributing to the QA, test and automation effort that will enable the cloud media processing and analytics services created by Dolby. You will be part of a R&D organization based in San Francisco, working on a high impact strategic program that operates in an internal startup environment. This is an ideal opportunity for a strong engineer with a real passion for technology, a deep understanding of the principles that underpin good software design and demonstrated experience in successfully driving such designs through a complete development process.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to identify product and system requirements
- Develop test strategies and test cases based on product/system requirements
- Design, code and implement test tools and automation frameworks in Python for media APIs
- Perform functional, integration, regression, end-to-end and performance testing
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and isolate defects and report them to Jira bug tracking database
To be Successful
This position will involve testing and automation for new audio and video processing and analytics technology which will be deployed as a cloud-based service. The role will require the ability to work with engineers to create design tests and create automated testing of audio processing technology. Ideal applicants will have familiarity with audio and video technology, audio systems, signal processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and excellent communication skills with a high level of motivation, initiative, and self-organization.
Other Essential Skills Include
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years' experience at least in QA and/or API test automation
- 3+ years hands-on experience in building efficient test automation frameworks with Python
- Experience with API testing
- Experience working with multimedia or audio processing technology
- Experience working in a fast paced, results oriented, agile environment
- Extensive experience using test case management tools such as qTest
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery is a plus
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Back to top