Staff Field Applications Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Job Title: Staff Field Applications Engineer
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Reports To: Director, Engineering Support, Japan
This role is mainly responsible for supporting customers for their implementation of Dolby Vision technology into source products such as UHD BD player, STB, DMA as well as pass-through products such as AV Receiver by providing technical support for their smooth and successful development. For this purpose, it is expected to maintain very close communications with Dolby’s Engineering & Marketing team in US.
This position requires an in-depth working knowledge and skills of video technology, especially of HDR, video transmission interface such as HDMI and video device knowledge in general.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support in sales and/or marketing meetings, events and customer visits.
- Deliver and present technical analysis and advice relating to Dolby Vision technologies to the customers.
- Communicate with Dolby employees worldwide in English to solve technical issues.
- Assist regional sales and marketing team members to establish imaging ecosystem.
- University graduates or equivalent with experience of more than 5 years and gained above Skills and Experiences.
- Experience in HDR, HDMI interface, video codecs and video post processing.
- Experience in general video product design, device implementation and testing experiences, preferably in UHD BD player, STB and DMA industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English, team building skills, plus strong work and business ethics.
- Japanese: Native-level proficiency is required.
- English: TOEIC score more than 700 required.
- Customer-focused with strong service orientation.
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals.
- International travel and work experience desirable
- Please note that the position is based in Tokyo, Japan and that there is no relocation package available.
- If you are interested, please submit CVs both in English and Japanese upon application.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top