Staff Field Applications Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Job Title: Staff Field Applications Engineer
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Reports To: Director, Imaging Technology Dept.
This role is mainly responsible for supporting customers for their implementation of Dolby Vision technology into video products such as TV, STB, Digital Media Adapter (DMA), UHD BD player by providing technical support for their smooth and successful development. For this purpose, it is expected to maintain very close communications with Dolby's Engineering & Marketing team in US.
This position requires an in-depth working knowledge and skills of video technology, TV/STB/Blu-ray and its SoC, picture quality, video transmission interface such as HDMI and video device knowledge in general.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support in sales and/or marketing meetings, events and customer visits.
- Deliver and present technical analysis and advice relating to Dolby Vision technologies to the customers.
- Communicate with Dolby employees worldwide in English to solve technical issues.
- Assist regional sales, marketing and technical standard development team members to establish imaging ecosystem and associated video standards.
- University graduates or equivalent with experience of more than 5 years and gained above Skills and Experiences.
- Experience in general video product design, device implementation and testing experiences, preferably in TV, STB, Blu-ray or for those SoC industry.
- Experience in Video picture quality, Video codecs, Video post processing and HDMI interface.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Japanese: native-level proficiency required.
- English: TOEIC score more than 700 required.
- Team building skills, plus strong work and business ethics.
- Customer-focused with strong service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
- International travel and work experience desirable.
- International and domestic trips are sometimes required.
- Please note that the position is based in Tokyo, Japan and that there is no relocation package available.
- If you are interested, please submit CVs both in English and Japanese upon application.
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top