Staff Field Applications Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent.
Commercial partnerships team in Dolby Europe is seeking a Staff Field Application Engineer (FAE) responsible for providing engineering and technical support to help consumer electronics manufacturers bring Dolby Vision devices to the market. The FAE will be responsible for providing end to end technical support and will take a lead role in helping our customers to implement Dolby's video technologies to their video playback products.
This position requires an in-depth working knowledge of video technologies such as video signal representation, picture quality, video coding and their integration into ICs for integration into consumer electronics, TVs, set-top boxes, and other entertainment products. The Staff FAE will serve as the technical resource for assigned accounts and help them to implement and certified Dolby video technology Dolby Vision.
The position is open either in the Dolby office in Nuremberg or in Berlin. It requires to travel up to 30% to customer locations in Europe and to Dolby Vision HQ in USA, California.
- Provide detailed technical support to the customer base while acting as a technical expert for Dolby video technologies to drive successful design-in results.
- Understand customer requirements, delivering technical presentations, technology demonstrations, and promoting the value proposition of Dolby video technologies to customers.
- Technical Lead in solving technical problems raised from the customer side during integration Dolby technology into customer's products by identifying the technical issues, gathering data and clues. Use simulation or experimental analysis to provide solid design guidelines for component selection to Dolby Vision customers.
- Be responsible for quality evaluation of final product and Help develop video validation methodologies (both objective and subjective). Be responsible for in-house lab facility.
- Fine tune image and video quality on different displays. Measure and characterize displays for best picture quality. Interface with ISP vendors and display manufacturers. Adjust ISP settings and parameters to meet individual customer preferences.
- Interface with Dolby product evaluation technicians to prioritize picture quality tuning of consumer electronics devices to assess and ensure compliance with Dolby vision standards.
- Interface with Dolby Research, Engineering and Sales team to further improve quality of Dolby Video products and communicate customer requirements and requests.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years in design or testing of video or image processing electronics. Master degree in Vision system or video coding or color science is a plus.
- Experience with Picture and Video Quality and/or Tuning aspects. Good Knowledge of TV panels and monitors. Ability to judge picture quality via subjective and objective methods.
- Working experience on AV product testing or design (HDTV, STB or Media Players) and with video I/O interfaces (HDMI, LVDS).
- Experience of HDMI, LVDS and VX1.
- Experience with video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264, H.265/HEVC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, team player with strong work and business ethics.
- Strong debugging, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and dutifully to achieve goals established in a team environment.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of C/C++ and scripting languages Python, Perl, Bash.
- Experience working with OTT/VoD Delivery formats and technologies as MPEG-DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming, DRM, ISOBMFF container.
- Have a good technical understanding of Video technology on IC's and its integration with sOperating systems.
- Experience with High Dynamic Range Video and wide color gamut (Rec. 2020).
- Knowledge of Dolby's products, technologies and customers.
EVERY BIT AMAZING!
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Product Trial Manager
As Product Trial Manager, Jennine works in the Communications business group, refining Dolby Voice technology with videoconference service providers by testing product solutions under different circumstances.
Back to top