Staff Field Applications Engineer
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including sales professionals with a passion for great products. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This Staff Field Applications Engineer (staff FAE) position is based in Shenzhen office, to support our system licensees to adopt Dolby's technologies into their products. This staff FAE is the technical interface to system customers and operator customers, will need to be familiar with Dolby's specific technologies, provide technical support in both pre-sale and post-sale phases, cooperate with different Dolby teams and customer teams, by following specific process, to make sure Dolby's technologies are correctly integrated and verified in the target system products.
• Interacting with licensees, license applicants, Dolby staff as needed to conduct and enable the Dolby's business of technology licensing. A diplomatic, professional and service-oriented approach is required, including written correspondence and face-to-face meetings with system and operator customers and industry partners.
• Supporting customer to integrate Dolby technologies into their system products. Particularly, the Staff FAE will need to explain the gap between customer existing design and Dolby technical requirement when customer product fail to pass Dolby testing procedure.
• Reviewing customer's product design and provide guidance on both acoustic and electronic.
• Evaluating test data and communicating test results to other engineers in the company or directly to the licensee. • Mentoring licensees and negotiating with them to find solutions that satisfy Dolby's product performance expectations without causing serious hardship during design and manufacturing.
• Performing audio tuning for customer's products and providing the tuning training to customer's engineers.
• Providing support to other Dolby teams in developing tests, specifications, and new products/programs as the needs arise.
• Continually maintaining comprehensive, accurate, and accessible records and documentation in both personal and company files and databases.
• Domestic travelling to Chinese licensee sites is needed. International travel occasionally is also required.
Education, Skills, Abilities and Experience
• BSEE or equivalent and 6 years of experience in mobile device product or signal processing electronic products.
• Very familiar with mobile device audio and acoustic software and hardware components. Familiar with the major industrial vendors for these components.
• Very familiar with Android framework software development. Direct experience with DSP A/V processing is desirable. Familiar with video processing and display component tuning is a plus.
• Very familiar with Android applications development, and iOS applications development. Media player applications experience is preferred.
• Good audio/acoustic tuning skills. Familiar with mobile device speaker acoustic design and tuning is preferred.
• Very good communication skills to interact with licensees and license applicants by email, by phone, and in person to provide needed information and technical support during mobile device development and Android/iOS media player applications development.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin and willingness to develop these skills further are required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to understand and explain technical issues to technical and non-technical person.
• Interest and/or experience in music, music production, film, film production, A/V production, recording engineering, broadcast engineering, or acoustics is desirable.
• Exposure to below areas are desirable: Digital or analog signal processing, manufacturing, digital or analog test and measurement, broadcast technologies, speaker transducer/system design and test, QA or QRE, software development, IP licensing, product design, analog or digital circuitry, PC architecture, multimedia applications, audio/video computer design, testing of consumer electronic products.
Build your career profile, also within the Careers tab in Employee Central to open the possibility of new opportunities finding you. Express your interest. If you want to express your interest in a specific opportunity and be contacted by a recruiter, click the apply button associated with the relevant job description. The Recruiter is is the only one who will see your application.
Please refer to the recruiting web site for more information: https://dolbyconnect.dolby.net/organization/HR/Pages/recruiting.aspx
Back to top