Staff Engineer - Sound Technology
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Company continues to grow in 2016 with several key engineering positions opening up; for this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior DSP Software Engineer within the Sound Technology Platform Development Team.
This high performance team concentrates on bleeding edge next-generation immersive audio – with a consumer home focus. It has been responsible for developing cutting edge technologies with world wide impact such as Dolby Volume, Dolby Headphone, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby AC-4 and Dolby Atmos.
This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of world leading audio processing technologies. Applicants will require a background in audio DSP and a high level of motivation and initiative.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- 3+ years experience with C/C++ in a formal SDLC environment;
- 2+ years signal processing experience in a commercial environment;
- 2+ years experience with embedded systems, real time operating systems, low-level processor architecture;
Highly regarded attributes:
- Higher degrees (Masters or PhD);
- Audio algorithm development experience, particularly involving audio signal processing.
- Knowledge of audio and voice codecs: Dolby Digital, AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, MPEG-2 audio, CELP and AMR;
Back to top