Staff Engineer, PQA_(white box testing)
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
To be Successful
The Staff Engineer, PQA must have the skills to test complex software/hardware programs from initiation to delivery through careful planning, schedule management, influencing, and communicating status and issues to key stakeholders. The individual must also be adept at handling a variety of challenging situations and team dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope, schedule, cost, and quality. This position will be responsible for designing, maintaining and applying the test infrastructure that ensures the continued high quality of world leading audio processing technologies. .
COME JOIN AN AMAZING TEAM!
- Passion for technology and how it will shape the next wave of entertainment experiences
- Global high tech company located in the heart of San Francisco
- Fast paced team leading a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business
- Opportunity for a top Staff Engineer to help bring amazing products to market
If these resonate with you keep on reading …
At Dolby, we are creating spectacular user experiences at the intersection of science and art. Located in our brand new campus in the heart of San Francisco you will work with world class innovators in a dynamic environment featuring top-tier laboratories and the latest equipment to advance the science of sight and sound. We are looking for a Staff Engineer who wants to work on high impact strategic programs and thrives in a start-up like environment. We are rapidly growing our team and moving to bring amazing experiences to the home.
As a Staff Engineer, PQA in a fast paced team leading a high impact strategic initiative beyond the core business, you will help to bring the next generation of Dolby products to life. The candidate hired for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment testing software/hardware programs from definition through development and release.
- Responsible for developing test code, scripts, tools and running automated test cases (gray box).
- Participate in early project scoping including collaboration with research, product management, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
- Work independently for project planning, resource estimation, task split and test progress tracking.
- Test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
- Design and implement test methods needed on assigned projects.
- Design, set up, configure and maintain end-to-end system test lab.
- Responsible for developing test codes, scripts, tools and running test cases.
- Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in system and integration testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
- Experience with building end-to-end test infrastructure.
- Experience with executing independent verification and validation on component and system integration testing according to test plans/procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
- Experience working with Linux platform.
- Experience in programming/scripting languages such as Python, Perl, C/C++ and/or Bash/Batch.
- Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
- Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Linux, Android, iOS etc.
- Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
- Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
- Serve as a member of project core teams with a strong interest and experience in test automation and testing fundamentals.
- Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Meet Some of Dolby's Employees
Senior HR Representative
Kari works with managers and business partner teams on new company mergers and acquisitions—providing guidance about the ins and outs of Dolby to ensure smooth business transitions.
Back to top