Staff Engineer- Electroacoustics_Transducer Design
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
In this position you will be part of the PC/Windows Engineering team working with external customers, Dolby Researchers, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices. We are seeking an experienced Acoustics Engineer to work in the design and development of audio loudspeakers and integrated systems in consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with the Product Development and Engineering teams and manufacturing partners to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
- As part of the PC/Windows Engineering team you will work with external customers, Dolby Researchers, and other internal Dolby teams to bring new audio experiences to new devices
- You will need to be a technical leader who understands system architecture issues and contributes innovative ideas, a system-level problem solver
- Integrates experience and deep technical knowledge
- Research and develop new ideas in transducer design and technology
- Build and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate acoustic designs
- Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
- Evaluate supplier capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or industry related experience.
- 8+ year of experience in the design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market
- Experience designing and modeling transducers and enclosures
- Proficiency using loudspeaker design tool such as LEAP, LspCAD, FINEMotor, FEMM, etc.
- Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, Audio Precision, Clio, Listen, etc.
- Proficiency using 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks
- Experience with computational acoustic simulations (FEM, BM) a bonus
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Back to top